You need to purchase Writer's Help. This will be our textbook for the semester and in ESL 112. This book is online. You can get instructions on how to purchase the book here.
2. Introduction to each other
3. Avoiding Plagiarism
If you haven't taken the diagnostic you have three options:
- Take the make-up diagnostic on Monday, February 3rd, 5:00 - 6:20pm in FLB G8
- Come to my office hours on Monday or Wednesday next week at 9:00-9:50 AM in my office FLB 3050.
- Schedule another time to take the diagnostic.
This google doc keeps track of who is where. You must take the diagnostic. The diagnostic is not for a grade, but will rewrite it later in the semester. This rewrite is worth 15% of your grade.
1. Upload your photo to this dropbox folder. Be sure to name it your preferred name.jpg or .gif.
The dropbox folder is here.
2. Give me your preferred contact information here.
3. Write a short reflection your writing experiences-positive and negative. Should be no more than 300 words. This paragraph will not be graded for grammar, but content. It is due on Friday February 6th at 11:00 AM. Please put in this dropbox folder here. Please name the file netIDReflection1. Please save the document as a .doc or .rtf. Here is an explanation of the assignment.
4. Sign up for Writer's Help. Your first Writer's Help assignment will be on Monday February 3rd.
Next Class: Paragraph structure and development.