1. How to turn in a document into compass.
2. APA Reference List
- What is an APA Reference List? Why do we have it? Put your answers on Primary Wall
- View the APA Reference List Cheat Sheet
- What important information is included for each kind of source?
- Using the cheat sheet, make references for these four kind of sources. Write your answers on the whiteboard.
- Avoid starting a sentence with "I" or "But."
- Proofread verb tense, articles, and prepositions.
- Check punctuation.
- Common mistakes in Compare/Contrast
- I know you were shown to write a sentence with "because" in the signal words handout, but please do not do this.
- Avoid stereotyping. If you are talking about an entire country, hedge what you are saying with "In general" or "usually."
- Common mistakes in Cause/Effect
- Not enough cause and effect.
- Not enough signal words.
- Format is important!
- Look at the format I showed you in a previous lesson. If you do not follow these guidelines, I will take off points. Remember page numbers and indenting paragraphs.
- Need extra help?
- I will look at a second draft of your paragraph over e-mail one time. I will also look at it a second time in person during my office hours 9:00-9:50 AM on Monday. You may also send me any questions you have over e-mail and I should be able to get in contact with you.
1. A paragraph portfolio will be due Monday, March 3rd by midnight. This will include final drafts of your compare-contrast and cause->effect paragraphs. The portfolio is worth 20% of your grade. Use the rubric and prompt to guide you.
2. No Writer's Help! Yay!
Extra Note: If you need any help with your paragraphs e-mail me.
Next Class: From Paragraph to Essay