Class Today: Peer Perception Training
1. First, define peer-review. You may use the internet or your classmates to find a definition. Share your answers in this google doc.
2. Why is a peer-review worthwhile? Let's look at this powerpoint.
3. Next, watch this video of kids giving each other peer-reviews.
4. Next, look at these sample comments. With your row, discuss what is right or wrong with each comment.
1.The first draft of your Rhetorical Analysis essay is due Sunday, April 13th on compass at NOON. I changed the date. Your draft should have 5 paragraphs- an introduction, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
2. Based on my feedback, revise your outline and bring it to class to discuss in workshop on Wednesday.
3. We will have conferences next week and no classes on Monday and Wednesday- April 14th and 16th. Pick which day you would like to meet with this spreadsheet. Please choose by Wednesday.
4. If you want to rewrite the Diagnostic Revision or Paragraph Portfolio, please look at the steps on the course website, here.
The deadline for rewriting the paragraph portfolio is April 13th, 2014 at NOON.
The deadline for rewriting the diagnostic revision is April 20th, 2014 at NOON.
Next Class: Peer Perception and Workshop