1. Review PIE-C, with a focus on C.
2. Active Reading
- First, let's briefly discuss our reading experiences in our second language.
- Second, let's look at this powerpoint.
- Look at this annotated text in Writer's Help
- Finally, let's start by looking at "High School vs. College: Similarities, Differences"
1. Writer's Help- Topic Sentences. This exercise should be done by Monday, before class. Please work on the exercise until you can earn a 100%.
2. Reflection Paragraph. Write a short reflection on your writing experiences-positive and negative. Should be 300-500 words. This paragraph will not be graded for grammar, but content. It is due on Sunday, February 9th at 11:00 AM. Please put in this dropbox folder here. Please name the file netIDReflection1. For example, kbecker4Reflection1.doc. Please save the document as a .doc or .rtf. Here is an explanation of the assignment. Do not spend more than an hour on writing this assignment.
3. Read the article "High School vs. College: Similarities, Differences" Print out the article and annotate it. Use the handout I gave you in class as a guide. Showing your annotation to me in class on Monday is for a grade.
4. Reread the Annotated reading in Writer's Help. This should help you in writing your own annotation on the other reading.
Next Class: Compare/Contrast writing structure