1. Quick review of compare/contrast paragraphs
- First, write on the board one way to avoid getting in trouble for plagiarism.
- We avoid plagiarism by: quoting, summarizing, and paraphrasing
- Let's watch this prezi, here.
- Paraphrase this paragraph in groups. Share your answer in google docs, here.
1. Paraphrase this paragraph, print out the results and bring it on Monday, February 17th before class.
2. A draft of your compare/contrast paragraph will be due on Monday, February 17th before class. A draft means it will be part of your homework grade. A rewrite will be part of a major grade for your paragraph portfolio. Please name the file NETIDCompareContrast.doc or NETIDCompareContrast.rtf. For example, kbecker4CompareContrast.doc. Please put the file in this folder, here. Remember the general format rules: Times New Roman, Font size 12, double-spaced, etc.
3. Writer's Help exercise: Do Sentence Structure for Monday February 17th.
Next Class: Review Paraphrasing, Cause->Effect Paragraphs