1. Review Rhetorical Situations
On Primary Wall, talk about the context, audience, and purpose of the article you were assigned Friday
2. Persuasive Strategies
- What is the article you were assigned trying to persuade you to believe? How do you know?
- Next, let's watch these commercials:
- Commercial #3: Grill glove
- These commercials represent different kinds of persuasive appeals (strategies). Brainstorm with your group how each commercial tries to persuade you.
- Hint: the three categories of persuasive strategies are emotional, logical, and credibility.
- Next, let's look at this handout explaining the persuasive strategies.
- Finally, in groups of four, find the persuasive strategies in this handout. We will discuss the answers afterwards. Key Here.
Homework:1. Finish your Diagnostic Revision by Friday, March 21 at Noon. I will read a draft during my office hours or ONE time over e-mail. If I suggested you come to my office hours, please seriously consider coming.
2. Find the three persuasive strategies in the article you read on Friday. Write a short paragraph explaining each strategy. Print out your answers and bring them to class on Wednesday.
3. Find the persuasive strategies in this handout
Next Class: Review Persuasive Strategies, Logical Fallacies